Error messages from make.sra

Hi,
I saw the following topic online but can not find the solution.
I have the almost same trouble.

I am trying to use make.sra to separate my sff files for SRA submission but I keep getting error messages as below:

(updated to my own command as follows)
mothur > make.sra(file=bb.files,project=bb.project, mimark=bb.tsv)

(exactly same errors happened).
[ERROR]: institute is not a center type option. Valid center type options are consortium, center, institute and lab. This is a controlled vocabulary section in the XML file that will be generated.
[ERROR]: missing description from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing project title from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing project name from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing required fields for package, please correct. Required fields are sample_name, description, sample_title, collection_date, env_biome, env_feature, env_material, geo_loc_name, lat_lon, seq_methods, organism. Missing sample_name, description, sample_title, collection_date, env_biome, env_feature, env_material, geo_loc_name, lat_lon, seq_methods, organism

This looks like formatting error to me but I’ve put in the required information according to the guidelines and edited the Mimark file in excel and saved as tab-delimited. How should I troubleshoot this?

Thank you in advance for helping.

My problem was resolved. Thanks for the Mothur group.
Basically, I need to delete the default fillings, like “yourProjectName”, before filling out the project form.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.