Error message from make.sra

Hi,

I am trying to use make.sra to separate my sff files for SRA submission but I keep getting error messages as below:

mothur > make.sra(sff=Plate1.sff,oligos=plate1.oligos,project=plate1.project, mimark=plate1.txt)

[ERROR]: institute is not a center type option. Valid center type options are consortium, center, institute and lab. This is a controlled vocabulary section in the XML file that will be generated.
[ERROR]: missing description from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing project title from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing project name from project file, quitting.
[ERROR]: missing required fields for package, please correct. Required fields are sample_name, description, sample_title, collection_date, env_biome, env_feature, env_material, geo_loc_name, lat_lon, seq_methods, organism. Missing sample_name, description, sample_title, collection_date, env_biome, env_feature, env_material, geo_loc_name, lat_lon, seq_methods, organism

This looks like formatting error to me but I’ve put in the required information according to the guidelines and edited the Mimark file in excel and saved as tab-delimited. How should I troubleshoot this?

I am using mothur v.1.41.0.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Are you seeing this error with our current version, https://github.com/mothur/mothur/releases/tag/v.1.43.0?

If you are, could you send your logfile and input files to mothur.bugs@gmail.com so I can take a closer look?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes I’ve tried with v.1.43.0 but the problem persists. I’ve emailed my log files and input files to you. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.