Get.oturep works in older version

Hello,
I have been using get.oturep in order to make a tree file with a fasta that has been renamed with OTU labels. It has worked for me up until now, when it gets nearly to the end and crashes before writing the output files. I went back to the last version of mothur I successfully ran this command with, 1.40.5, and it works - I watched the task manager and it does suck up a lot of memory, but it finishes. The distance file I’m using is about 1GB and I have 8GB of RAM. Even on a computer with 16 GB of RAM, the 1.41.1 version doesn’t complete the command. I’m not sure if the new version requires more memory, or if there’s a bug, but I thought I’d let you know. In the meantime, I can still use the older version for this task

get.oturep(phylip=, fasta=, list=, sorted=bin)

Could you send your input files and logfile to mothur.bugs@gmail.com?

I will get them to you, but it might be after the new year. I was helping a student with their analysis and they took all the files with them on a personal drive. I’ll email and see if she can get back to me, but everyone’s on break now so we’ll see. I can try and see if I get the same result with one of by other data sets in the meantime.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.