Free(): double free detected in tcache 2

Hello,

When I ran the comand “split.abund(fasta=stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.fasta,count=stability.trim.contigs.good.count_table, cutoff=1)” the error message appears “free(): double free detected in tcache 2”. I do not know what is goin on because the command works in Windows but not in Ubuntu.

Many thanks,

Valdir

Welcome to the mothur community! Thanks for reporting this issue. I am unable to reproduce it on my test machine. Could you tell me what version of Ubuntu you are running and what version of mothur?

Hi. I installed the incorrect version of Mothur in Ubuntu. Now, I can do the analyses.
Many thanks.

Valdir

Hello. It seems it is my problem too.

Using mothur v.1.42.1 in Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, I was running the command:

sub.sample(fasta=/home/carlos/Quiroz/all.unique.pick.good.filter.redundant.unique.precluster.pick.pick.fasta, count=/home/carlos/Quiroz/all.unique.pick.good.filter.redundant.unique.precluster.pick.pick.count_table, size=56000)

and I got the error message:

Sampling 56000 from 1345847.
free(): double free detected in tcache 2
Abortado (`core’ generado)

Any help?

Could you upgrade to our latest version, Release Version 1.45.0 · mothur/mothur · GitHub and see if the problem persists?

Hello carbor,
I have the same version of ubuntu and mothur, and have the same problem with unique.seq, did you sort out the problem? thanks

Babak - this is an old thread. Could you create a new thread and ask your questions?

Thanks,
Pat

Linux ubuntu wsl2
Mothur version=1.42.1
Release Date=12/25/2021

I am having the same error

We’re up to 1.46.1. Please install a new version and try again and post to a new thread if there’s still a problem.

Pat