Mothur can't find temporary files with classify.seqs

Hello,
I am currently trying to run the Miseq SOP exemple with some of my samples for a practical course I’m preparing.

I’m working on my lab’s computing cluster and the files required for MiSeq SOP (silva.bacteria and trainset9 files) are downloaded to a specific directory which can’t be my working directory.

Anyway, everything works up to the “classify.seqs” command line:

mothur > classify.seqs(fasta=/home/user/r/rpeguilhan/test/stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta, count=/home/user/r/rpeguilhan/test/stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.count_table, reference=/opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.fasta, taxonomy=/opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.tax)

Using 12 processors.
Generating search database...    [ERROR]: Could not open /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.8mer
DONE.
It took 11 seconds generate search database.

Reading in the /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.tax taxonomy...	[ERROR]: Could not open /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.tree.sum
DONE.
Calculating template taxonomy tree...     [ERROR]: Could not open /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.tree.train
DONE.
Calculating template probabilities...     [ERROR]: Could not open /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.trainset9_032012.pds.8mer.prob
[ERROR]: Could not open /opt/cluster/contrib/apps/anaconda/3/envs/trainset9_032012.pds.trainset9_032012.pds.8mer.numNonZero
DONE.
It took 17 seconds get probabilities.
Classifying sequences from /home/user/r/rpeguilhan/test/stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta ...
Mismatch with taxonomy and template files. Cannot continue.
Mismatch with taxonomy and template files. Cannot continue.

I tried to change my input and output directories with the command line set.dir but nothings helped. It seems that mothur can’t find the temporary files… but I don’t know what to do.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Rather than putting your reference files in your anaconda env directory, can you put them in /home/user/r/rpeguilhan/test/ instead? I suspect that’s were they are already. If that’s the case then you need to use the same path as you are using for your sequence data.

Pat

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.