Merge.file do not like CAP letters

Edit:

I was using 1.47 when this occurs. No more bugs when I removed the cap letters, so all is fine for now. Might be a server thing.

Cheers!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello, I ran into this problem while running mothur on a server.

mothur > merge.files(input=saraCPERF.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique .precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta-combinedphyto.good.filter.unique.precluste r.denovo.vsearch.fasta, output=combined_saraCPERF.fasta)

Unable to open combinedphyto.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta. Trying mothur’s executable directory combinedphyto.good.filter.unique.precluste r.denovo.vsearch.fasta.

Unable to open combinedphyto.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta.

Unable to open ▒!q▒cod.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta. Trying mot hur’s executable directory 'qod.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta.

Unable to open 'qod.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta.

free(): double free detected in tcache 2

So i notice how weird the file is being sent back. So I changed saraCPERF by saracperf and the error disappeared

merge.files(input=saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta-combinedphyto.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.fasta, output=combined_saracperf.fasta)

Unable to open saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta. Trying mothur’s executable directory saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta.

Unable to open saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta.
Segmentation fault.

So I guess merge do not like cap letters! I will rerun my batch file with this adjustment made.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It looks like the non capitalized version is failing too.

Unable to open saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta. Trying mothur’s executable directory saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta.

Unable to open saracperf.trim.contigs.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.denovo.vsearch.pick.fasta.
Segmentation fault.

I am not able to reproduce the issue you are having with our current version. Are you using 1.47.0?