[ERROR] is in your groupfile and not your listfile

hello everybody, I am Juan and currently having a “small” inconvenient

When i executed make.shared command to get OTU from each group, its present a following ERROR

make.shared(list=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list, count=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.denovo.uchime.pick.pick.count_table, label=0.03)
[ERROR]: M01564_51_000000000-AG2K0_1_1102_20256_20354 is in your groupfile and not your listfile. Please correct.
Your group file contains 82403 sequences and list file contains 81279 sequences. Please correct.

Output File Names:
manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.shared

Previously commands were

cluster.split(fasta=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.fasta, count=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.denovo.uchime.pick.pick.count_table, taxonomy=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.nr_v119.wang.pick.taxonomy, splitmethod=classify, taxlevel=6, cutoff=0.15, processors=8)

Clustering manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.fasta.7.dist
Cutoff was 0.155 changed cutoff to 0.07
It took 159 seconds to cluster
Merging the clustered files…
It took 15 seconds to merge.

Output File Names:
manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list

the count file was obtained with the following command

remove.lineage(fasta=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.fasta, count=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.denovo.uchime.pick.count_table, taxonomy=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.nr_v119.wang.taxonomy, taxon=Chloroplast-Mitochondria-unknown-Archaea-Eukaryota)

Output File Names:
manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.nr_v119.wang.pick.taxonomy
manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.fasta
manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.denovo.uchime.pick.pick.count_table

Sorry if I missed relevant info, is my first time using mothur and although I believe that it is very helpful, this OTU step is freaking me out

thank you very muc

Could you post the uchime command and remove.seqs command you ran? I suspect you missed something there that is causing the file mismatch here.

hello

thank you for your reply

sure! the commands are the following

chimera.uchime(fasta=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.fasta, count=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.count_table, dereplicate=t)

remove.seqs(fasta=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.fasta, accnos=manglar.cut.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.denovo.uchime.accnos)

As a workaround you can run:

mothur > list.seqs(list=yourListFile)
mothur > get.seqs(count=yourCountFile)