Error in Make.file

Below is the error I recieved. I used my current version of Mothur (1.48.0) 3 weeks ago to process some data and everything went smoothly. This week I am processing a much smaller set of data. Below is the input and error output.

There are a few other make.file topics. I read through them to troubleshoot my problem with no resolution.

Please advise, Thanks!

mothur > make.file(inputdir=mothurhome, type=fastq, prefix=stability)

[ERROR]: basic_string::replace: __pos (which is 4294967295) > this->size() (which is 173)RAM used: 12.032Gigabytes . Total Ram: 15.672Gigabytes.

has occurred in the InteractEngine class function getCommand. Please contact Pat Schloss at mothur.bugs@gmail.com, and be sure to include the mothur.logFile with your inquiry

‘make.file’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Hi Jsabo01,

Can you post the first 10 or so lines from your mothur session? It should look something like this…

Mac version

Using ReadLine,Boost,HDF5,GSL
mothur v.1.48.0
Last updated: 5/20/22
by
Patrick D. Schloss

Department of Microbiology & Immunology

University of Michigan
http://www.mothur.org

I’m worried that you are accidentally using an older version of mothur since it’s complaining about not knowing what the make.file function is

Pat

Hi Pat,

Here you go.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.4412]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SABOJA> cd OneDrive - Idaho National Laboratory\Desktop\Works in progress\Battery gene contamination_Kris Egan\Mothur

C:\Users\SABOJA\OneDrive - Idaho National Laboratory\Desktop\Works in progress\Battery gene contamination_Kris Egan\Mothur>Mothur.exe
Windows version

Using Boost
mothur v.1.48.1
Last updated: 5/15/24
by
Patrick D. Schloss

Department of Microbiology & Immunology

University of Michigan

When using, please cite:
Schloss, P.D., et al., Introducing mothur: Open-source, platform-independent, community-supported software for describing and comparing microbial communities. Appl Environ Microbiol, 2009. 75(23):7537-41.

Distributed under the GNU General Public License

Type ‘help()’ for information on the commands that are available

For questions and analysis support, please visit our forum at https://forum.mothur.org

Type ‘quit()’ to exit program

[NOTE]: Setting random seed to 19760620.

Interactive Mode

mothur > make.file(inputdir=., type=fastq, prefix=stability)

Setting input directories to:
C:\Users\SABOJA\OneDrive - Idaho National Laboratory\Desktop\Works in progress\Battery gene contamination_Kris Egan\Mothur\

Output File Names:
C:\Users\SABOJA\OneDrive - Idaho National Laboratory\Desktop\Works in progress\Battery gene contamination_Kris Egan\Mothur\stability.files

mothur > make.file(inputdir=mothurhome, type=fastq, prefix=stability)

[ERROR]: basic_string::replace: __pos (which is 4294967295) > this->size() (which is 173)RAM used: 11.6713Gigabytes . Total Ram: 15.672Gigabytes.

has occurred in the InteractEngine class function getCommand. Please contact Pat Schloss at mothur.bugs@gmail.com, and be sure to include the mothur.logFile with your inquiry

C:\Users\SABOJA\OneDrive - Idaho National Laboratory\Desktop\Works in progress\Battery gene contamination_Kris Egan\Mothur>

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have created a GitHub issue where you can track it’s progress.

1 Like