classify.rf shuts down Mothur

Hi!

I have tried to run the classify.rf command but Mothur just shuts down. I have looked at the log file but I dont get any errors.

The only thing I get is a line with “0.030” and then nothing.

I wonder if it has something to do with my design file which looks like this:

group treatment
A A
B B
C C
D D
E E
F F

I dont have replicates which is why it looks like this.

The script Im trying to run is this:

dist.seqs(fasta=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.fasta, output=lt)
cluster(phylip=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.phylip.dist, cutoff=0.3, precision=1000)

sub.sample(list=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.phylip.an.list, group=seqs.pick.good.pick.groups,name=muscle.pick.good.pick.names ,taxonomy=muscle.pick.good.filter.good.wang.pick.taxonomy, persample=T, size=47)
make.shared(list=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.phylip.an.0.030.subsample.list, group=seqs.pick.good.pick.subsample.groups, label=0.030)
classify.otu(list=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.phylip.an.0.030.subsample.list, group=seqs.pick.good.pick.subsample.groups, name=muscle.pick.good.pick.subsample.names ,taxonomy=muscle.pick.good.filter.good.wang.pick.subsample.taxonomy, label=0.03, cutoff=80, probs=F)

classify.rf(shared=muscle.pick.good.filter.pick.phylip.an.0.030.subsample.shared, design=design.design, numtrees=100)

I have also tried to use the “current” option throught to make sure I didnt make any typos but I run into the same problem anyway.

Best,
Martin

I’m not sure what you’re really trying to do here… RF and any of the statistical tools require replication. I suspect it’s crashing because you only have 1 sample per group and also have a bunch of groups. 1 sample per group is a bit of an undefined situation.

Pat

Thank you Pat!

I just realized this might be the problem. Thanks for the confirmation.

//Martin