remove.lineage output file reverts to size 0

Had a funny thing happen with remove.lineage (windows version 1.33.3). I had thrown in all the different file types together. Checking on the progress of the command, I saw the *.names file accumulate size, but when the command was done, it was listed as 0 bytes.

From the logfile:

mothur > remove.lineage(taxonomy=MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.silva.wang.taxonomy, fasta=MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.fasta, name=MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.names, group=MiSeq.pick.subsample.groups, taxon=‘unknown;’)

Output File Names:
H:\ManuscriptsPresentations\CSU_SoilAmendments\NewDataAnalysis\MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.silva.wang.pick.taxonomy
H:\ManuscriptsPresentations\CSU_SoilAmendments\NewDataAnalysis\MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.pick.names
H:\ManuscriptsPresentations\CSU_SoilAmendments\NewDataAnalysis\MiSeq_flipped.unique.pick.subsample.pick.fasta
H:\ManuscriptsPresentations\CSU_SoilAmendments\NewDataAnalysis\MiSeq.pick.subsample.pick.groups

[WARNING]: your sequence names contained ‘:’. I changed them to ‘_’ to avoid problems in your downstream analysis.

mothur >
[ERROR]: You are missing (
Invalid.
[WARNING]: your sequence names contained ‘:’. I changed them to ‘_’ to avoid problems in your downstream analysis.

mothur >
[ERROR]: You are missing (
Invalid.

Can you try it without the single quote marks? Just put taxon=unknown. Ideally there won’t be anything removed.