Mothur.Ubuntu_18

I downloaded Mothur.Ubuntu_18 and I noticed the version says 1.39.5 instead of 1.44.3. Is this just an oversight or is the version information true? I’ve been having a lot of problems, and some of these were supposedly fixed in this version.

Could you be having this problem?

I installed the latest version, but I am still running an older version:link:

We often see this issue when you have an older version of mothur installed in your path. You can find out where by opening a terminal window and running:

$ which mothur
path_to_old_version

for example:

$ which mothur
/usr/local/bin

When you find the location of the older version, you can delete it or move it out of your path.

$ mv path_to_old_version/mothur new_location

for example:

$ mv /usr/local/bin/mothur /Users/yourusername/desktop/old_version_mothur
1 Like

No, this is not the problem. I am a Windows user but I recently installed the Ubuntu terminal for Windows 10 and installed this Mothur distribution. I do have other Mother versions on my computer, but they are all Windows versions so would not be recognized by the Ubuntu system. They are definitely not in the path for the Ubuntu system.

Furthermore, I configured an Ubuntu server in AWS and moved my work there. I did a fresh install of Mothur from the Git Hub site and the logfiles indicate it is version 1.39.5. I unistalled Mothur from the AWS server, and downloaded the current version from Git Hub again and installed it. It still says 1.39.5.

Perhaps I’ve carried the “luck” of 2020 into the next year.

It works well for me on Ubuntu 20.04 without no Readline version on the local PC but when I try to upgrade it on the serve a warning informs: Text file busy

The Text file busy error in specific is about trying to modify an executable while it is executing. The “Text” here refers to the fact that the file being modified is the text segment for a running program.

1 Like

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much. It works now.
But I just upgraded version 1.44.1
Cheers,
Truong

1 Like

Hi, could you please check the newest version on Conda. I have checked by the command:
Conda search -c bioconda mothur
The newest version is 1.44.11 but when I installed and fixed some thing as your comments it is 1.44.1 and I found the newest on git-hub is 1.44.3.

Cheers,
Truong