make.shared can't open list file

Hi,
I am analyzing a group of 20 related samples.
I get an error when I run make.shared that list file from the classify.seqs can’t be opened.
However when I use the same list file for classify.otu, it works just fine, and the .taxonomy file looks as expected based on the MiSeqSOP.
Anyone know why, or if there is a solution or workaround?
Thanks!

My code and output:
mothur > make.shared(list= seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.flter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list, count=seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.uchime.pick.pick.count_table, label=0.03)

Unable to open seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list
Using seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list as input file for the list parameter.
[ERROR]: did not complete make.shared.

Can you post how you are running classify.otu?

Also, within mothur can you run (the first is for mac/linux, the second windows):

system(ls seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list)

or

system(dir seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list)

Pat

Thanks for the reply Pat,
I ran:
classify.otu(list=seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.flter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list, count=seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.uchime.pick.pick.count_table, taxonomy=seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pds.wang.pick.taxonomy, label=0.03)

The output of
system(ls seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list)
is
seqsElena.trim.contigs.good.good.unique.good.good.filter.unique.precluster.abund.pick.pick.an.unique_list.list

Have you looked at this? http://www.mothur.org/wiki/Frequently_asked_questions#Mothur_can.27t_find_my_input_files

Can you try giving mothur the full path name?