Help in pre.cluster

Dear,
after doing the alignment, screen.seqs, filter and unique, using fasta and count in most of them, I’ve done the pre.cluster with the following message.

mothur > pre.cluster(fasta=alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.fasta, count=alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.count_table, diffs=2)
Using 64 processors.
When using running without group information mothur can only use 1 processor, continuing.
247654 97741 149913
Total number of sequences before precluster was 247654.
pre.cluster removed 149913 sequences.

/**************************************/
[WARNING]: alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.fasta does not contain any sequence from the .accnos file.
Selected 0 sequences from alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.fasta.

Output File Names:
alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.fasta

/**************************************/
Done.
It took 271 secs to cluster 247654 sequences.

Using 64 processors.

**Output File Names: **
alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.fasta
alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.count_table
alr1.trim.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.map

However, the outputted .precluster.fasta is empty and I cannot run chimera and the next steps.
How can I solve that?
thanks

Hi Allan,

It looks like something, possibly related to your problem, happened upstream of this command. It doesn’t look like mothur has any of your group information. Can you make sure that you used a count_table file with the earlier screen.seqs and unique.seqs (x2) commands?

Pat

Hi Pat,
yes, I created again my group and count files in the previous steps and this problem was solved.
thank you so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.