Chimera.vsearch command not valid?

Hi,

I am a very beginner user trying to go through the MiSeq_SOP tutorial and when I try to execute

chimera.vsearch(fasta=stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.nique.precluster.fasta, count=stability.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.count_table, dereplicate=t)

I get the error: Invalid command.
Valid commands are: align.check,align.seqs,amova,anosim,bin.seqs,catchall,chimera.bellerophon,chimera.ccode,chimera.check,chimera.perseus,chimera.pintail,chimera.slayer,chimera.uchime,chop.seqs,classify.otu,classify.rf,classify.seqs,classify.svm,classify.tree,clear.memory,clearcut,cluster,cluster.classic,cluster.fragments,cluster.split,collect.shared,collect.single,consensus.seqs,cooccurrence,corr.axes,count.groups,count.seqs,create.database,degap.seqs,deunique.seqs,deunique.tree,dist.seqs,dist.shared,fastq.info,filter.seqs,filter.shared,get.commandinfo,get.communitytype,get.coremicrobiome,get.current,get.dists,get.group,get.groups,get.label,get.lineage,get.mimarkspackage,get.otulabels,get.otulist,get.oturep,get.otus,get.rabund,get.relabund,get.sabund,get.seqs,get.sharedseqs,hcluster,heatmap.bin,heatmap.sim,help,homova,indicator,kruskal.wallis,lefse,libshuff,list.otulabels,list.seqs,load.logfile,make.biom,make.contigs,make.fastq,make.group,make.lefse,make.lookup,make.shared,make.sra,make.table,mantel,merge.files,merge.groups,merge.sfffiles,merge.taxsummary,metastats,mgcluster,mimarks.attributes,nmds,normalize.shared,otu.association,otu.hierarchy,pairwise.seqs,parse.list,parsimony,pca,pcoa,pcr.seqs,phylo.diversity,phylotype,pipeline.pds,pre.cluster,primer.design,quit,rarefaction.shared,rarefaction.single,remove.dists,remove.groups,remove.lineage,remove.otulabels,remove.otus,remove.rare,remove.seqs,rename.seqs,reverse.seqs,screen.seqs,sens.spec,seq.error,set.current,set.dir,set.logfile,sff.multiple,sffinfo,shhh.flows,shhh.seqs,sort.seqs,sparcc,split.abund,split.groups,sub.sample,summary.qual,summary.seqs,summary.shared,summary.single,summary.tax,system,tree.shared,trim.flows,trim.seqs,unifrac.unweighted,unifrac.weighted,unique.seqs,venn.

Why isn't chimera.vsearch listed as a "valid command"? Am I missing something? I am following the tutorial word-for-word with the data provided in the tutorial.

Which version of mothur are you using? Chimera.vsearch was only added in 1.38.0 (1.39.0 for Windows) so an older version of mothur is the most likely reason it’s not in the list of valid commands.