Chimera.uchime on a remote server

I have mothur v.1.35.1 installed on folder on a remote server, along with the files for my analysis. I am accessing the server through the ssh command on Mac terminal.

I have uchime in the same folder, and it was installed on April 21, 2016.

When I try to do uchime.chimera, it gives me the following error:

mothur > chimera.uchime(fasta=combine.trim.contigs.good.unique.pick.filter.good.precluster.unique.fasta, name=combine.trim.contigs.good.unique.pick.filter.good.precluster.unique.names)

Using 1 processors.

Checking sequences from combine.trim.contigs.good.unique.pick.filter.good.precluster.unique.fasta …
/home/zeitgeist/jsylvan/mothur/uchime: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ERROR]: Could not open combine.trim.contigs.good.unique.pick.filter.good.precluster.unique.uchime.chimeras

So far, the command is still hanging in the terminal.

I couldn’t find anything on this specific error while searching the forums. I was advised not to install the latest version, due to bugs with using silva_seed (the database I used for my analysis).

What OS is running on the remote server? Did you install mothur’s prebuilt executable there? If so, which one? Also, our latest version corrects the silva.seed bug, https://github.com/mothur/mothur/releases/tag/v1.37.4.

I think the server is the Mac OS, since the version is the 64 bit Mac version.

The PI of the lab was the one who installed it, but I believe so. The latest version didn’t work for some reason.

I don’t want to leave this hanging: the problem was that access to the server was cut off, not mothur.

When you log in to the remote server try using screen or tmux to run your commands. That way you can log out of the remote computer, come back, and everything will still be there.