Cluster.split-trouble

Hi,
I’m trying to do cluster.split following the MiSeq SOP on data from 168 samples. My command was: cluster.split(fasta=art1.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.pick.pick.fasta, count=art1.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.uchime.pick.pick.count_table, taxonomy=art1.trim.contigs.good.unique.good.filter.unique.precluster.pick.pds.wang.pick.taxonomy, splitmethod=classify, taxlevel=4, cutoff=0.15, processors=8)

After four days (!), I got an error message: " [ERROR]: Could not open 20273.temp Killed: 9" And Mothur terminated. Anybody familiar with this error message, is there anyway to resume the process of cluster.split or do I have to start over?

Thankful for any help.

Rune

Looks like a memory or disk space issue. Have you tried running it with less processors?

Thank you!
I’m trying now, while at the same time waiting for a RAM update and a new disk. Although I am worried about this being an example of the distance matrix issues that Pat describes in the blog - we have done 2*300 bp on the MiSeq targeting V3-V4. I think our read lengths are somewhere around 465bp.

Best wishes from Rune