version 1.38.1 for Mac is broken

Hello,

I am trying to update to the newest version of Mothur for Mac but I keep getting an error message that the downloaded version cannot be opened because it is damaged. I am running OS X 10.11.5. Thoughts? I didn’t see this on the forum anywhere.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Could you try to re-download the exectuable?

Apologies, I had replied to this weeks ago but it seems it did not work. I attempted to download the executable again with the same result.

Cheers,
Sheryl

I just tried it with this link…

https://github.com/mothur/mothur/releases/download/v1.38.1.1/Mothur.mac_64.OSX-10.11.zip

… and it worked fine. Can you tell me the URL for the link you are downloading it from?

Pat

I am using the same URL. I just updated Unarchiver in case the problem was with the unzip but it still says mothur is broken when I go to launch it.

Just to add to the confusion I went back and tried to download version 1.35.1 and got the same result. Seems like this should get moved from the category ‘mothur bugs’ to the category ‘frustrations since upgrading to El Capitan’. Apologies. I will keep trying and post if I find a result, in case anyone has a similar issue later.

Cheers,
Sheryl