Not sure this is the best place to put this comment, but I did not know where else to post.
In short, I am trying to add some unclassified organisms, that we know have a specific function (i.e. PAOs, Anammox, etc), to either the silva or RDP tax files. I know some of the sequences in my files correspond to these groups, because I ran seqmatch in RDP with some select sequences. I have generated a data base of these sequences and added them to the taxonomy file as below.
. and so on
When I run classify seqs only using my “functional” taxonomy file I find sequences classified to my “functional” library. When I add these sequences to the RDP library, I do not see any sequences classified to this library. I know that I could take all the unclassified sequences or unclassified bacteria out and reclassify, but I am working/will be working with many data sets and wold much prefer to be able to add some functional groups to the database.