Trouble installing/compiling mothur on CentOS 6.0 64bit

Please point me to the correct area if this question doesn’t belong here. Someone at my organisation wishes to use Mothur and I am trying to install it onto CentOS 6.0 64bit for them.

I have downloaded the latest source: Mothur.1.22.2 and have been following the instructions at: http://www.mothur.org/wiki/Installation , I’m not getting anywhere fast and wonder if someone can help.

From the CentOS tips section I’ve done “yum install openmpi openmpi-devel” the -y didn’t seem to work so ran the cmd without it. However the next cmd then fails: mpi-selector-menu
The output is: Can’t use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/bin/mpi-selector-menu line 189.

So openmpi seems to be installed but I can’t select it as default. The version that yum installed is: openmpi-1.4.1-4.3.el6.x86_64

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong and how to fix it? I think this is the reason that running the make command is also failing.

Regards and thanks,
Richard

Can you post your make errors? Also, is this a cluster or just a single CentOS node? We’ve moved our stuff to the 1.5 branch of OpenMPI, FWIW.