Make shared

Hi

I’ve been analysing a set of six sff files obtained from 454 pyrosequencing in which only one primer (Euk A7) was used. My question is how to create the .shared file from this set of samples?

Many thanks!

Eduardo

Hi,

You should check out the 454 SOP page. You will also want to use the sff.multiple command (https://mothur.org/wiki/Sff.multiple)

Pat

Hi Dr. Schloss

Thank you for your reply. I used the sff.multiple command this time, but the program gave this error message after the trim.flows command:

Running command: shhh.flows(file=d39.flow.files, lookup=C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\LookUp_Titanium.pat, cutoff=0.01, sigma=60, mindelta=0.000001, order=A, processors=1)
[ERROR]: d39.flow.files is blank, aborting.
values for either flow or file must be provided for the shhh.flows command.
Unable to open C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo. Trying default C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo
Unable to open C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo. Trying mothur’s location C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo
Unable to open C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo
Unable to open C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo. Trying mothur’s executable location C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo
Unable to open C:\Users\Eduardo\Desktop\Eduardo 2017\MOTHUR\Eduardo.

and the program closes... I have analysed each of these samples using the the 454 SOP before and at this same point I get the same error message, what could it be?

Many thanks!

Eduardo

You have a space in your folder name. There are ways to deal with spaces in folder/file names but your life will be much easier if you just don’t put spaces in names.